Come and join us as we examine the much anticipated final Report issued by the Honourable Eileen Gillese, Commissioner of the Inquiry into the Safety and Security of Residents in the Long-Term Care Homes System. The day will begin with a panel of legal and industry experts discussing the potential impact that the Report’s recommendations will have on the seniors’ housing industry. The panelists will offer insight into lessons learned from the Inquiry and will consider ways in which the industry will evolve.
- 8:30 – 9:00 am Registration & Breakfast
- 9:00 – 9:05 am Welcome Remarks – Erin Porter, Partner, Fasken
- 9:05 – 10:20 am Panel Discussion on the Report and Recommendations from the Honourable Eileen E. Gillese, Commissioner on the Inquiry into the Safety and Security of Residents in the Long-Term Care Home System
- 10:20 – 10:30 am Break
- 10:30 – 11:00 am The Silver Fog – This session will examine the rights that residents may have to grow and consume medical or recreational cannabis in long-term care and retirement homes.
Barbara Miller, Partner, Fasken
- 11:00 – 11:30 am Privacy Rights During Regulatory Investigations – Have you struggled knowing what you are allowed to give to the Ministry, the Coroner, unions or the police when they come knocking? This session will help you sort through your rights and obligations under various pieces of legislation.
Daniel Fabiano, Partner, Fasken
- 11:30 am – 12:00 pm The College of Nurses – What are your obligations for reporting nurses to the College of Nurses and what can you expect from their disciplinary process?
Brian O’Byrne, Partner, Fasken