As a result of COVID-19, many organizations have to go through an accelerated digitization. However, this brings its fair share of legal concerns, especially so as contracts must be negotiated under tight timelines and high pressure.
· What consumer protection issues should you consider before engaging in e-commerce transactions?
· How can you manage the risks associated with online contracting?
· What privacy and information security issues should you consider when acquiring IT?
· Why may open source software be increasingly utilized in times of crises?
· What are the key issues to be considered when procuring open source solutions compared to traditional proprietary software solutions?
· How do you assess if COVID-19 is caught in your force majeure provision or material adverse change provision, and what are these provisions?
· What are the other technology agreement provisions to consider during crisis management?
Tony Morris, QC
Ariel Laver, CPA, CA