In the current environment, conducting effective workplace investigations is essential for provincially and federally regulated employers. Effective complaint and investigation practices allow employers to identify issues in the workplace and resolve problems at an early stage. An appropriate investigation reduces the chance of subsequent litigation and increases the prospect for success should litigation result. Do your investigations measure up? You will hear from the Acting Director of the Occupational Health and Safety Branch on expectations for compliance with Ontario’s harassment legislation. We will discuss the key elements of a good investigation, the latest case law and statutory developments in this area as well as practical tips.
Specific topics include:
• Best practices when Conducting an Investigation
• Sexual Harassment Investigations in the #MeToo Era
• Top Ten Mistakes when Conducting Investigations
• 08:00 am – 08:30 am Registration and Breakfast
• 08:30 am – 10:00 am Seminar and Q&A